A performance documentation that i came across today on an online platform,
what drew my attention the most is the white costume and the balloon that one of the perfomarmance artistst wore…
I have used Ballon as an object in a Perfomance at my degree lever,and I would like to experiment with it in further perfomative works.
● what interests me about this object is its fragility –> it pops really easy and makes a notice that everyone notices- like porcelain ?
● its something light weight and you need to have it on you all the time,when you leave it it flies away.
● it has a playfullness ? a sense of celebration and happiness.
● Breath & Exhale – in order to blow up the ballon as Jeff Koons states that breathing in is a symbol of optimism, while exhaling is a symbol of death. ↴
● what i also find interesting is the ability to contain in a balloon something of you ! air ?dust ?words?
WHITE COLOUR : most often associated with innocence, perfection, the good, honesty, cleanliness, the beginning, the new, neutrality, lightness, and exactitude (Eva Heller (2000), Psychologie de la couleur- effets ets symboliques, pg. 130–146)
** Should watch the documentary : ” A history of art in three colours”
These are the rest photo-documentation of the performative piece.